Not only is massage relaxing and stress relieving it can improve circulation, lymphatic drainage, relieve cramped and knotted muscles and soothe overstimulated nerves. At Narture we offer the relaxating and soothing Swedish Massage, the firmer and more therapeutic deep tissue massage, Reflexology and we also cater for our pregnant mums by using a special table to make them super comfortable for a reinvigorating and soothing massage. Sue makes her own massage lotions using 100% natural products with no chemicals.
Massage is the manipulation of soft tissues of the body, it improves circulation by bringing oxygen and other nutrients to body tissues. It relieves muscle tension and pain, increases flexibility and mobility, and helps clear lactic acid and other waste, which reduces pain and stiffness in muscles and joints.
Why use Massage:
- Back pain
- Circulatory and respiratory problems
- Enhancing sports performance
- Fluid Retention
- Headaches including migraines
- Muscle spasms, strains and sprains
- Pain relief
- Post-injury and post-surgical rehabilitation
- Prenatal care
- Stress, Anxiety, Depression
- Improved skin texture and tone
- Improves circulation to all parts of the body (blood and lymph)
- Improves mobility
- Promotes relaxation – reduces stress, sense of ‘well-being’, stimulates endorphins, reduces anxiety
- Relieves stiffness and pain in muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints
- Stimulates and tones muscles
- Stimulates skin receptors and sensory nerve endings relaxing tight muscles
- Stimulates the immune system
Types of massage:
This is the most common type of massage therapy. This form of massage uses long smooth strokes, kneading, and circular movements on superficial layers of muscle. It is extremely relaxing and helps circulation and lymph drainage. Sue uses her own hand made massage lotion which absorbs well and doesn’t leave an oily residue (no chemicals either!)
Deep Tissue Massage / Remedial Massage
Deep tissue massage targets the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue and is used for chronic problems such as painful postural problems, repetitive strain or injury recovery. The massage therapist uses slower strokes or friction techniques across the grain of the muscle. Clients may feel sore (like they have done a workout) for a day or two afterwards.
Reflexology is a deep and relaxing massage of the feet. The reflex points on the feet correspond to organs and tissues of the body, therefore Reflexology can assist in achieving balance within the body.
Pregnancy Massage (prenatal massage)
Preganancy massage is used to reduce stress, decrease swelling, relieve aches and pains, and reduce anxiety and depression. Sue has been trained in this type of massage and has a special matress to make you extremely comfortable. There is nothing better when you are pregnant to have a little nurturing and ease those aches and pains.